Friday, April 3, 2009

Confirmation

Funny thing how God works!!!  As I was typing my first post, we had an emotion come up in our home... Imagine that!  A house full of females and an emotion pops up!

I have to back up before I can go on with this.  For those of you that do not know us, my husband Konrad and I have four beautiful girls. Kelsey will be 17 in a few days, Kailee and Bailee are 9, and MaKenzie is 7.  Currently my husband is deployed and will be back in February of 2010. "Uncle Sugar" had better keep that date! (or sooner)  The emotions have been running wild, needless to say!

So as I was typing, Bailee came up to me sobbing.  I didn't even need to ask what was wrong, the words came sputtering out. "I miss my daddy!"  I quickly put the computer down to calm her.  As she crawled up on my lap, God whispered to me, "It's o.k."  I held her ever so tightly and I whispered the same thing to her.....  We prayed and cried and prayed some more.  We had snot and tears galore!  But a midst of all that I reminded her of the joy that we have because of Jesus!  At that moment we had both sadness and joy.  This was confirmation that this blog is what God has been nudging me to do!

Thank you Lord for your abundant blessings.  I am humbled that You call me Your child.

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you and the girls... I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're doing this. This is so good and I'm glad that you're trying to be vulnerable. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You write your heart so beautifully. Thank you for being will to share your feelings with everyone. I know that God will use this to bless and encourage everyone who reads it. Love you guys and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete